The Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors® (MIBOR) is an Indianapolis business organization that coordinates real estate in Indianapolis. This professional association represents real estate options across central Indiana. It holds Realtors to a higher standard, ensuring that only the fairest business actions are employed in making the big deals for land around the Circle City.
The Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors® was founded in 1912. At that time it served merely 43 charters. Today it encompasses more than 6500 members across Indiana. Whether you are looking to buy a house in Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Carmel, Zionsville, Castleton, Greenwood or any where else, chances are you will be working with a Realtor certified by the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors.
The core purpose of the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors® is “to provide a professional, supportive environment MIBOR members.” Their key vision is to enable MIBOR members to promote prosperity. Their mission is to foster a healthy and orderly marketplace for consumers. Their role, as they see it, is to provide a service to community members who are unable to negotiate the terms of large real estate deals.
MIBOR is a good name for a Realtor to have in his or her back pocket as they navigate the waters of the real estate business. To become a part of the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors®, each member must pledge to abide by a Code of Ethics enumerated by MIBOR. The most important parts of the pledge they make are as follows:
- “To protect and promote your clients interests, but to be honest with all parties.”
- “Realtors shall be careful at all times to present a true picture in their advertising and representations to the public.”
- “To Assure, whenever possible, that all transactional details are in writing.”
The pledge these Realtors must give is thorough. To uphold the good name of the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors®, the process of selection is rigorous. The Realtors that are part of MIBOR are held to high ethical standards, and their ethical practices are checked regularly by this Indianapolis association.
The philosophy behind the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors® is three fold:
- Realtors advance consumers – Because real estate transactions are so complex, it is important to have somebody in your corner who understands the ins and outs of the entire process.
- Realtors promote business in central Indiana – A strong business economy in a city like Indy depends on bringing people in to places that fit their needs. Realtors help support growth of communities, which leads to increased business revenue and a stronger economy for all who are involved.
- Realtors collaborate with Indianapolis and its surrounding communities – By helping the business and residential worlds in a community, Realtors are a valued part of growth in any Indianapolis society. On top of this, they work with community leaders to encourage the expansion of existing Indiana business.
For more information about the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors® visit their website!