Northeast Fitness – This health club in Indianapolis, central Indiana, has it all: A spinning studio, group exercise classes, strength and cardio training, a children’s fitness area, and even an indoor heated pool. Older crowds feel more welcome to enjoy a workout here. The exercise equipment is top notch and aerobic classes really make you sweat. If you’re just entering an Indianapolis health program and don’t want to be surrounded by bodybuilders and gym gurus, this beginner-friendly facility might be the perfect place for you.
Indianapolis children are welcome at Northeast Fitness, where they offer lots of ongoing special events, such as the “Fitness Kids Fiesta.” This is a full Sunday afternoon of fitness, food and fun. At Northeast Fitness, there are tons of activities for your active kids.
The large Northeast Fitness facility is located, as the name says, on the northeastern side of Indianapolis. The building is spacious and up-to-date, comprised of these exercise and related areas:
- Group Fitness Studio: This is a large open area used for classes, such as pilates or yoga classes in Indianapolis. The hardwood floor is shock-resistant and the studio space is climate controlled.
- Spinning Studio: This cozy, state-of-the-art spinning studio is beautifully lined with mirrors inside large hardwood frames.
- Indoor Swimming Pool: The heated indoor swimming pool at Northeast Fitness is maintained crystal clear at a luxurious 86 degrees. The maximum depth is just four feet, but it’s an ample, six-lane pool perfect for laps or water-walking.
- Strength Training Center: Within its 1,600 square feet of all-business, mirror-lined magnificence are two tons of free weights, bench and leg presses, dumbbells and hammer equipment.
- Cardio Center: Watch your favorite Indianapolis sports, news or satellite television shows as you work the treads, bikes, stairs, elipticals and rowing machines in the Northeast Fitness Cardio Center.
- Resistance Training Area: Brand new and upgraded Nautilus equipment galore fills this Cybex room. Get the benefit of technology for the quickest results.
- Basketball and Volleyball Court: This is a great room for playing basketball or volleyball on a nice hardwood floor.
- Massage Therapy: Northeast Fitness sees a lot of moms. A lot of them come because of the excellent childcare area provided at Northeast Fitness. It’s a cool, kid-friendly room overseen by experts who simply love kids.
- Locker Rooms: Wonderful locker rooms are a huge part of the reason why Northeast Fitness is so popular among the Indianapolis community. Day lockers, spa amenities, men’s and women’s sauna, separate newly-renovated jacuzzi’s, and complimentary soaps, shampoos and towels.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday 5:30 am – 10 pm
Friday 5:30 am – 9 pm
Saturday 7 am – 7 pm
Sunday 8 am – 5 pm
6220 N Butler Av
Indianapolis, IN 26220