The indyFringe Festival relies heavily on the efforts of it volunteers to run the festival each year, without them indyFringe would not be what it is today! If you love the indyFringe Festival or if you are just looking for a way to get connected to Indianapolis, consider pitching in during this years week long festival. The indyFringe Festival has become one of the most celebrated Indianapolis events of the year, and volunteers find themselves right at the heart of all the excitement.
There are several ways to lend a helping hand to the Indianapolis festival. Most volunteers find themselves on front of house duty, where they get first hand experience interacting with some of the stars of indyFringe. Here are your options if you are interested in volunteering this year:
- Home Box Officers – Sells tickets and reconciles bank after each show. Volunteers in this position must be comfortable handling cash and multi tasking.
- House Managers – Lead a three person team in front of house. Facilitate audience members as they buy tickets, enter theater and find seats. Must keep track of the time, and make sure the show starts on time. Also in charge of helping guests with special needs and customer service.
- Ushers – A meet and greet position, ushers take ticket and help patrons find their seats and remember to turn of their cell phones. Also assists house manger in making sure show starts on time.
Positions also need to be filled outside of each theater venue to ensure that the Festival as a whole is running smoothly:
- Traveling Box Office – Travels to venues along Mass Ave during and after shows end to reconcile box office and help trouble shoot. Helps to set up for next show and distribute important information. Persons in this position need strong math and logic skills.
- Headquarter Concierge – Mans the desk at the newly renovated indyFringe building. Answers questions about the Fringe Festival and the Circle City and the Indianapolis downtown area. Sells buttons and other Fringe related merchandise.
- Visual Fringe Gallery Assistant – Mingles with patrons in Visual Fringe Galleries, answers questions about the art and artist.
Training is provided for all indyFringe volunteers, so don’t hesitate to sign up for lack of knowledge. The ideal candidate for Fringe Volunteers simply has a love for theater and the willingness to donate their time.
There are a few perks to being a volunteer. For each three hour shift you work, you recieve one free ticket to the show of your choosing. In addition, indyFringe hosts an exclusive party that is a favorite among Fringe insiders. And if thats not enough to convince you, volunteers also gain a new knowledge base about one of the most important festivals in Indy that brings together Indianapolis art, Indianapolis music, Indianapolis theater and more.
For more information on how you can get involved visit the indyFringe website here, or shoot and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not miss your chance to be part of something big in Indianapolis!
IndyFringe Theatre Festival
The IndyFringe Building
719 E St. Clair St