Waterman’s Fall Harvest Festival: Looking for a farm or orchard where you and your crop can celebrate the colors and bounty of Fall? There are a lot of places to choose from, out in the beautiful Indianapolis countryside and in other cities in Indiana, too. The burning question is, can you find one with a pumpkin-eating Tyrannosaurus Rex?
At Waterman’s Fall Harvest Festival, just east of the Indianapolis downtown sector, you’ll meet Tyranny, the huge and rascally T-Rex who chomps pumpkins, roars and generally creates dinosaur havoc while she entertains the troops. Other Fall Harvest Festival activities are listed here:
Fall Harvest Festival Activities
- Tyranny the T-Rex who devours pumpkins and roars.
- Hayride Farm Tour out to the pumpkin patch, where you can choose your own from acres of Fall pumpkins.
- Two corn mazes of different degrees of difficulty.
- Bouncy Barnstorm, seven enormous inflatables where the kids can expend all that excess energy.
- Live entertainment on the weekends, including Indianapolis bands and a clown.
- The Tricycle Trail: Cool trykes for tykes ten years old or younger.
- Straw Mountain for big kids and Straw Hill for little ones.
- Farm animals galore to see and pet.
- $3 pony rides, the ultimate photo-op.
- All-you-can-carry pumpkins for only $30.
Don’t miss the special Barn Dance with the Circle City Bluegrass Band on Saturday, October 17 from 6 pm to 9 pm. The music and square dance
-style “calling” are by Mac Bellner’s group, and consist of simple dances anyone can follow. At the end of the festivities on this special evening, there will be a moonlight hayride. Who knows? Maybe there will also be a big orange harvest moon.
Waterman’s Fall Harvest Festival is one of the most popular of the many similar Indianapolis events in the Autumn, and runs for over a month to accommodate its fans, including Indianapolis children and adults, and visitors from nearby Indiana communities. This family-friendly Indianapolis festival is also quite accessible for the entire greater metropolitan area, such as Beech Grove, Cumberland, Lawrence, Greenfield, Morristown and Shelbyville, all outlying Indianapolis cities within a radius of 25 miles or less of the festival grounds.
Waterman’s Fall Harvest Festival
September 26-October 31, 2009
9 am – 8 pm
Admission: $4 each during weekdays, $5 each on the weekends. Children under two admitted free.
Waterman’s Farm Market Fall Harvest Festival
7010 E Raymond St
Indianapolis, IN 46239
Visit the Waterman’s Farm website for more information.
Read articles and see photos about other popular Indiana events here.
See tons of things to do in Indianapolis here.
See other nearby harvest festivals and celebrations around Indy in the Fun City Finder news section:
Noblesville Annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival
Indianapolis Zoo Boo
Heartland Apple Festival in Danville
Mallow Run Winery in Bargersville