The Herron School of Art and Design has quite a lot happening on December 2. With the opening of several new Indianapolis art exhibits, HSAD is buzzing. As one of the largest colleges or universities in Indiana, Herron School of Art and Design settles among some high caliber schools. However, they maintain their uniqueness as one of the most highly evolved art schools in Indiana and the Midwest. They keep up with the curve by offering a variety of Indianapolis events allowing the Indianapolis community to support the arts and the school. Below is a listing of what is happening this month at the Herron School of Art and Design.
Herron School of Art and Design December Events
- Jane Fortune Outstanding Women Artist Lecture – On December 2 at 5:30 pm, this lecture series will feature artist Judith Shea. As one of the leading sculpture artists in New York City, Judith Shea will speak to the trials and tribulations of her career. This event is free to all Indianapolis people and located in the Basile Auditorium.
- Basile Center for Art, Design, and Public Life Open House – From 6:30 to 8:00 pm this December 2 the Basile Center will open to the Indianapolis community, who can peruse the work of faculty and students at the Herron School of Art and Design.
- Undergraduate Student Exhibition Opening Reception – Celebrate the accomplishments of Herron’s undergrads today from 6:30 to 8:00 pm in the Eleanore Prest Reese and Robert B. Berkshire Galleries. Their work will be exhibited through December 23.
- My Forked Tongue – This installation by Anila Quayyum Agha, an Assistant Professor of Drawing, will feature the artist mixed media work in the Basile Gallery. See how she uses paper, metallic threads and colored beads to unwrap language and culture. This Indianapolis art gallery will feature Quayyum through December 23.
- Running with Cameras – Underside Gallery will host an opening reception from 6:30 to 10:00 pm on December 2 for a Senior Photography Exhibition. See what these soon to be professional Indianapolis artists captured with their lenses.
- Work of Hope and Healing – From December 2 to 23 the Marsh Gallery at the Herron School of Art and Design will feature art inspired by observation and interaction with patients and staff from the Wishard Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis downtown.
For more information about other upcoming Indianapolis events hosted by the Herron School of Art and Design, visit their website. As always all of these fun things to do in Indianapolis are easy on the budget. What could be better than FREE to all Indianapolis people? Come to Indianapolis downtown this December to support the art of these Indianapolis kids.
After your walk these Indianapolis art galleries, grab some grub at any of these great Indianapolis restaurants. Or better yet, discuss the merits of art and art education in today’s society over drinks at any of these great Indianapolis bars. Stay tuned to Fun City Finder.com for all the latest information on Indianapolis arts.
Herron School of Art and Design
735 W New York St
Indianapolis, IN 46202