We all know that real estate inventory changes daily and Carmel, Indiana is no exception to this rule. Carmel is our closest suburb due north to Indianapolis, Indiana and is a very popular place to live. The following are some quick statistics for the month of January 2010.
- 55 sold listings with an average sales price of $392,234 and 101 days on the market
- 85 pended sales with an average list price of $420,131
- 688 active listings with an average list price of $482,383
- Properties sold received on average 94% of their asking price
- Highest priced selling property sold for $1,400,000. This home has 7,603 square feet, 6 bedrooms and 10 baths.
- Lowest priced selling home sold for $63,000. This home has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.
As you can see Carmel, Indiana real estate has a diverse price range. If you are in the market to purchase a home in the Indianapolis, Indiana metro area now is a great time to do so. The $8000 first time home buyer’s tax credit is still in effect for the next few months and is a wonderful benefit to those who qualify.