The Indianapolis Colts recognize that they have the best fans in all of the NFL, and want to make sure they say thank you personally. While hearts all over Indiana are still in shambles due to the Colts 31-17 Super Bowl XLIV loss, there is much to celebrate about this past season. Even though the Colts came up one win short of their goal, by all measures this season was a success.
Realizing that they could not have done it without their fans, owner Jim Irsay and the rest of the Colt organization, will be making stops each day this week in different parts of Hoosier-land to say thank you personally. Each stop on the thank you tour will vary depending on times and location, but for the most part each stop will include:
- Have your picture taken with the 2009 Lamar Hunt AFC Championship Trophy
- Visit with Colts Cheerleaders
- Meet Blue the Colts mascot
- Live music by Dave and Rae
- Register to Win great Colts prizes including:
- From each of the six stops – a Colts home opener package including four ticket and a $100 Shula’s gift card (date, time and opponent to be determined in April when NFL schedule is released)
- Grand Prize Winner from all register to win cards collected on duration of the Thank You tour – two (2) 2010 Colts season tickets at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Pick up a Free Colts 2009 Recap Poster
- Meet Colts Alumni Players
*In downtown Indianapolis – Active Players in attendance to sign autographs are to be determined.
Remaining tour dates are as follows:
2.16.10- Thank You Evansville, IN 11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
800 North Green River Road
Evansville, IN 47715
2.16.10- Thank You Terre Haute, IN 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Honey Creek Mall
3401 South US Highway 41
Terre Haute, IN 47802
2.17.10- Thank You Ft. Wayne, IN 5:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Glenbrook Square Mall
4201 Coldwater Road
Ft. Wayne, IN 46805
2.18.10- Thank You Indianapolis, IN 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Lucas Oil Stadium
500 South Capitol Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46225
*Free parking will be available in the Tire Barn South Lot
*Fans may enter Lucas Oil Stadium through the Sprint East Gate or Lucas Oil North Gate
Going into the season, no one outside of Indianapolis and its surrounding Colts country believed this team could win its division, let alone the AFC Championship. With rookie coach Jim Caldwell at the helm of his first ever head coaching job, and questions abound about longtime offensive coaches Howard Mudd and Tom Moore, training camp was anything but ordinary.
Add to the mix that Peyton Manning was going to be playing without Marvin Harrison for the first time in his career while breaking in a new stable of receivers and no one expected much. That is, no one but the Indianapolis Colts legions of faithful fans. Again, the Colts could not win the big one, but just getting there during a season filled with so much uncertainty, new faces and injuries is an enticing prospect for the Blue Horseshoes chances next season.
“Colts fans are the best in the National Football League evidenced by their position in the Ring of Honor which was bestowed by our owner Jim Irsay. We stand united with our fans and want to share the success of the 2009 season by taking the Lamar Hunt trophy throughout the State of Indiana and Louisville during the Colts Thank You Tour,” stated Tom Zupancic, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for the Indianapolis Colts.
Nothing is guaranteed, especially in the hot and cold NFL. But the Colts have been the model of consistency over the past decade. With an extra year under their belts, you best believe that Peyton&Co. will be among next year’s playoff contenders. So even though their will be no pictures of you kissing the Lombardi Trophy this year, it is great practice–and a chance to say thanks for such a great season–for when the Indianapolis Colts do climb that final rung, and are once again known as the Super Bowl Champions.
Thank You Tour reminders include:
- All Thank You Tour times are local
- Inclement weather or traffic may cause for late arrial
- The Colts encourage fans to arrive early. The line may be cut off to ensure the Tour remains on schedule.
- Times and locations of specific Thank You Tour locations may change. Fans are encouraged to keep up to date with all Tour dates online at www.Colts.com.
- One autograph per person for Alumni Players and Cheerleaders. Fans may get back in line for additional autographs if time permits.
Get to know Mark Cline here. Questions or comments? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org