The number of Mooresville homes for sale went virtually unchanged at 144 in January of 2010 compared to last month’s total of 143. Fortunately, the number of homes sold took a nice little jump from last month total of 11 to reach 16 in January.
Unfortunately, the average time needed to sell a home in the Mooresville real estate market rose dramatically, easily pole vaulting December’s total of 59 days to a whopping 138 days in January. Pending sales figures weren’t much better with just 7 pending transactions on the slate.
Some other relevant statistics:
- On average, homes went for 95-percent of list price or a 2-percent decrease from last month.
- The average cost-per-square-foot $69.
- The average sold price was $151,000.
- The average active price was $190,000.
- The absorption rate based on pending sales was 4.9-percent.
- The absorption rate based on closed sales was 11.1-percent.
- The months of inventory based on pending sales was 20.6
- The months of inventory based on closed sales was 9-percent.
In the end, I think that most people trying to sell a home in Mooresville, Indiana will probably look back to January of 2010 as anything but a ‘Happy New Year’. At least they don’t have John Dillinger to worry about anymore.