INDIANAPOLIS – Everybody loves a bargain and at the 2010 Indiana State Fair there’s a bargain just about everywhere you go. Free concerts, free kids shows, free exhibits and more are all daily occurrences at the 17-day event, proving once again that you don’t have to break the bank to make memories that last a lifetime at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. The state fair is one of the most attended Indianapolis events every year, and thanks to so many free concerts and shows, it is better than ever for every Hoosier family to enjoy from every corner of Indiana.
Some of this year’s free shows and events include:
- Rick Springfield presented by Hoosier Lottery – Known for his runaway hit “Jessie’s Girl” and several other Top 40 songs, Springfield will rock the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand Thursday, Aug. 12 beginning at 7 p.m.
- Free Stage performers – Former “American Idol” finalist Bucky Covington, whose debut album topped Billboard’s Country charts, performs on the Free Stage Thursday, Aug. 12 at 7 p.m., and he’s just one of many recognizable names you’ll find there. Others include:
Ø Jerrod Niemann – Aug. 6
Ø Chuck Wicks – Aug. 7
Ø Hispanic/Latino Music Day featuring Los Yonics – Aug. 8
Ø Randy Houser – Aug. 10
Ø The Band Perry – Aug. 11
Ø Contemporary Christian Music Day featuring Matthew West, Sidewalk Prophets and Johnny Diaz – Aug. 15
Ø Josh Thompson – Aug. 16
Ø James Otto – Aug. 18
Ø Darryl Worley – Aug. 19
Ø Josh Kelley, Randy Rogers Band – Aug. 20
Ø The JaneDear Girls, Jaron & The Long Road to Love – Aug. 21
Ø Pepsi Gospel Music Day featuring Joshua’s Troupe, New Direction and Chicago Mass – Aug. 22
- Lucas Oil Indy Super Pull – Tractor pullers from around the country will compete for more than $46,000 in prize money during two different pulls in the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand on Sunday, Aug. 8 at 1 and 7 p.m.
- Naptown Roller Girls Roller Derby – Indy’s popular roller girls take their flat-track action to the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand to take on the Brawlin’ Dolls from Lafayette Tuesday, Aug. 10 at 7 p.m.
- Hoosier Rodeo Series Final 2010 – Cowboys compete for cash prizes in the season finale of the Hoosier Rodeo Series in the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand Monday, Aug. 16.
- Tribute to: Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival & Rolling Stones – The songs of some of the greatest bands in modern music will be performed by three different tribute bands in the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand as part of ABATE of Indiana Motorcycle Day Thursday, Aug. 19.
- Grand Circuit Fox Stake Harness Racing – One of Standarbred racing’s most prestigious events, the Fox Stake caps off a three-day stretch of races on the Track of Champions Friday, Aug. 20. Races begin at 10 a.m. with the Fox Stake scheduled for roughly 11:30 a.m.
- Main Street Stage performers – Well-known Hoosier talents provide a wide variety of music and entertainment on this stage throughout the fair. Terry Lee & The Rockaboogie Band (Jerry Lee Lewis tribute music), C4 Blues Band and Michael Kelsey are just a few of the artists who perform here.
So head to the fair and leave the checkbook at home. Even Suze Orman would be glad you did. You no longer have an excuse for not getting to the 2010 Indiana State Fair now that you have seen all the ways you and the family can save your money. The Indiana State Fair is filled with hundreds of events and attractions to put a smile on everyone’s face, so take some time and find out which events you’d like to add to your own personal list of things to do in Indianapolis during the 2010 Indiana State Fair.
About Indiana State Fair
The Indiana State Fair is the state’s largest multi-day event attracting more than 900,000 people annually. Nationally recognized for offering the best in entertainment, showcasing youth, interactive agriculture education programs, premiere facilities and a variety of unique, fun foods, the Indiana State Fair is an annual tradition for generations of Hoosiers. Admission is $7 in advance, $8 at the gate – kids 5 and younger are free. For more information, please visit www.indianastatefair.com.