It is going to be a hot one today at the 2010 Indiana State Fair in the Circle City capital of Indianapolis. But that is no excuse to keep you and your family away from the Indiana State Fairgrounds to take in all of the great deals, shows and food this year’s fair has to offer. This is an annual Indianapolis event that the whole family can enjoy, from the newest member of your family, to your great-grandma who is still kicking, the Indiana State Fair offers fun, food, and friends for the young and old alike.
- Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday – Get into the fair for only $2 with voucher from Turkey Hill Dairy (see www.turkeyhill.com/indianastatefair to download voucher).
- $2 Taste of the State Fair – Concessionaires all over the fairgrounds will have $2 servings all day long plus $2 Midway Rides!
- Naptown Roller Derby Girls Bout (Free), 7 pm – Hoosier Lottery Grandstand • Go-Karts ($6driver; $4 rider) – Noon -9p – Riley Fun Park
- The Wonder Trail: family exploration/education pres. by Indiana Farm Bureau, 9 am – 9 pm – Indiana State Fair Information Booths
- Elephant Rides ($6), 10am – 7pm – Riley Fun Park Midway!
- Family Day Midway special with unlimited rides for $25, Noon – 6 pm – Midway Free Entertainment
- Blue Monkey Sideshow, 3; 4:30, 6, 7:30 & 9 pm – Dow AgroSciences Celebration Park • ‘Tis the Season for Dairy, 10:30 am – Pioneer Hi-Bred Our Land Pavilion Red Gold Stage
- Ghiradelli Recipe Contest, 11 am – Ellison Bakery Home & Family Arts Culinary Stage
- Lanny Hatt & Hard Tymes, 10 am; 2 pm – Buckle Up Trucks Main Street Stage • Indiana Gospel Music Association, 1-6 pm – Farm Bureau Building • Terry Lee & the Rockaboogie Band, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Buckle Up Trucks Main Street • Stage • Country 97.1 HANK FM & Royal Pin Leisure Centers present Randy Houser, 5:30 pm – Free Stage
- 4-H Horse & Pony Western Performance, 8 am – Pepsi Coliseum • Live Animal Vet demo: Horses form the Inside Out, 2 pm – Pioneer Hi-Bred Our Land Pavilion Red Gold Stage
Everyday Entertainment Available for Free
Bridges to Japan
International Pavilion/Grand Hall- exhibit is open from 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. every day during the State Fair’s run.
Sand Sculpture and Carving and Display
Pioneer High Bred Our Land Pavilion 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. This is exactly what is sounds like. Some very patient sand-sculptures ply their trade for all fairgoers to see. If you’ve never taken a few minutes to walk past these creations you are missing out. When the sculptures are done, you’ll be looking for the ocean there is so much sand in front of of your eyes.
Youth Fishing Lessons
DNR Fishin’ Pond 4:00 p.m.-7:oo p.m. IF you have a little one just chomping at the bit to get his line wet, there is no better place for them to cast their real and rod in a controlled environment while getting tips from the pros.
Dow AgroScience Celebration Park 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Come check out man’s best friend do some high-flying jumping off of docks and go wild as they splash down to see how can jump the furthest,
Welde’s Big Bears and Grizzly Fall Exhibit
Riley Fun Park at 1:oo p.m., 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Hedrick’s Racing Pigs
Hedrick’s Racing Pigs presented by Eastgate Chrysler Jeep Dodge & Westgate Chrysler Jeep Dodge Hoosier Lottery Grandstand. These local porkers are quickly becoming a fair fan favorite. What better way to get to know these racing pigs than during the 2010 Indiana State Fair which has been declared the “Year of the Pig.”