Got dogs? Tomorrow, there will be no better place on the planet for your favorite canine than at the wondrous City Market in the heart of Indianapolis, site of the Inaugural Holiday Woofapalooza.
This happening is destined to become an extremely popular annual Indianapolis event. Organized for the benefit of Indy ReTails, an agency that adopts and rescues pets in Central Indiana, Woofapalooza will be run by volunteers from One Brick, a nation-wide volunteer group.
The festivities will go on from noon until about 5:00 pm, when they will culminate with a thrilling dog walk all around Indy‘s famous tourist destination, Monument Circle. The holiday luminaries, called Woofuminaries for the occasion, will strut their humans around the World’s Tallest Christmas Tree, the light-strung Solder’s and Sailor’s Monument in the center of downtown Indianapolis. This is a first for greater Indianapolis, but it won’t be the last.
Just take a look at the fun activities for Indianapolis children of all ages and their dogs. Even if you don’t have one or the other, you may just want to join in!
Woofapalooza Events Schedule
- Dog Vendors – All day, you’ll be able to check out the very latest thing in gifts for your dog.City Market East Wing – Noon – 5 pm
- Registration – Holiday Dog Sing/Howl Indiana Weiner Dog Indoor Race ChampionshipsCity Market East Wing – 1 pm
- Holiday Dog Sing/Howl – Definitely a first in Naptown, this astonishing contest will name the best Woof Christmas Song Crooner.City Market East Wing – 2 pm
- Weiner Dog Championships – The world’s best photo-op, with a race around the especially-designated track at Indy’s City Market.City Market East Wing – 2:30 pm
- Registration – Holiday Candlelight Dog WalkCity Market East Wing – 3:30 pm
- Viewing Party and Celebrity Dog with Rudolph Look-Alike Contest– Share another Circle City favorite, Indianapolis sports, with a Butler University basketball game and a Rudolph contest.Tomlinson Tap Room – 4 pm
- Holiday Dog Walk – The grand finale of Woofapalooza, this event features Woofuminaries parading around Monument Circle. As a special holiday offering, you can buy your own Woofuminary all day at Indy ReTails for only a buck.City Market to Monument Circle to City Market – 4:30 pm
Visitor advisory: You might just want to leave the cat at home for this one.
Inaugural Holiday Woofapalooza
Saturday, Dec. 4, 2010 – 11:30 am – 4 pm
222 E Market St
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Visit the City Market website