Walking for Dreams 5K Family and Pet Walk raises funds for Indianapolis not for profit organizations Sunday, May 22 at 2:00 pm. This Indianapolis event is for a very good cause, benefiting dozens of worthy organizations in Indiana. Head to the Canal Walk in Indianapolis downtown to kick off this 5K Walk and don’t forget to bring your Indianapolis kids and pets to participate. Plus, you decide where your donation goes.
This Indianapolis charity event began in 2004 to raise money for a variety of Indianapolis organizations. The goal is to help these groups do the work they do so well serving youth and families of Indianapolis. Sponsored by the Sycamore Foundation, the Walking for Dreams 5K Family and Pet Walk is chance for all Indianapolis people to contribute meaningfully to their Indianapolis community. The Sycamore Foundation seeks to enhance the effectiveness of local not for profits.
The organizations that benefit from this charity 5K Walk offer a range for services. From community development to child therapy or day care to animal services and environmental issues, the have a mission to make Indianapolis a better place to live for all of us. Do your part to help by getting sponsors and making a donation as you partake of the Walking for Dreams 5K Family and Pet Walk in Indianapolis downtown. Choose your organization and get going!
Benefiting Indianapolis Organizations:
- Barth Syndrome Foundation
- Binford Redevelopment and Growth, Inc. (BRAG)
- Brooke’s Place
- Catholic Charities Indianapolis
- Child Advocates Inc.
- Concord Neighborhood Center
- D.R.E.A.M. Alive Inc.
- Day Nursery Association
- East Tenth United Methodist Children and Youth Center, Inc.
- Families for HoPE
- FIDO (Friends of Indianapolis Dogs Outside)
- Freetown Village
- Herron High School
- HVAF of Indiana, Inc.
- ICAN – Indiana Canine Assistant Network
- Indiana Association for Child Care Resource and Referral
- Indiana Mothers’ Milk Bank
- Indiana Organ Procurement Organization Inc.
- Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership
- Indy Reads
- Jackson Center for Conductive Education
- Jobs Partnerships of Greater Indiana
- Kids’ Voice of Indiana
- Mental Health American of Greater Indianapolis
- Mental Health Association of Indiana
- Muscular Dystrophy Family Foundation
- NAMI Indianapolis, Inc.
- National Junior Tennis League of Indianapolis
- Noble of Indiana – Dream Team
- PassWord Community Mentoring, Inc.
- Project Home Indy
- Rise up to Cure Pralysis
- Ruth Lilly Health Education Center
- Southeast Community Services, Inc.
- Spay-Neuter Services of Indiana
- The Cheer Guild of Riley Hospital for Children and Indiana University Hospital
- The Children’s TherAplay Foundation, Inc.
- The Dodson Group/ Sycamore Foundation
- The Peers Project of Indiana, Inc.
- Westminster Neighborhood Ministries
- Young Audiences of Indiana
- Young Voices of Indianapolis
All of these organizations deserve your support. Do what you can to help and get some exercise in the process. Registration for the Indianapolis event will be at the north end of the Canal Walk downtown at Buggs Temple, located on 11th Street between Meridian Street and Martin Luther King Drive. Walk for dreams this Sunday!
Enjoy the sights and sounds of downtown as your walk the Canal. Located near the Indiana State Museum, the Eiteljorg Museum, the NCAA Hall of Champions, the Indiana Historical Center and the White River State Park, the Walking For Dreams 5K Family and Pet Walk for charity is on prime Indianapolis real estate. After you’ve worked up an appetite at this Indianapolis event, grab a bite to eat at any of these Indianapolis restaurants. Or cool off with a drink from any of these Indianapolis bars.
Stay tuned to FunCityFinder.com for all the latest on fun things to do in Indianapolis. We cover Indianapolis arts and Indianapolis theatre to Indianapolis sports and Indianapolis theatre. Get out in Indy and find some fun! Make the most of the Circle City.
Walking for Dreams 5K Family and Pet Walk
Sunday, May 22 at 2:00 pm
337 West 11th Street