In the aftermath of the world-famous Indianapolis 500-mile race, just as the dust is settling, comes an opportunity to personally experience the thrill of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway‘s track and do some good, all at the same time. The 2011 Miracle Ride to Benefit Riley Hospital offers motorcyclists the chance to take their bikes and one passenger around the Indy 500 track and out into the byways of Indianapolis, with a final destination of Shelbyville’s glitzy Indiana Live! Casino. The Miracle Ride is one of the United States‘ largest and most popular motorcycle fundraisers, and a stalwart member on the long roster of Indianapolis charities.
|Take a virtual lap around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in this great video of actual Miracle Riders at the IMS.|
Thousands of motorcyclists take the “Big Ride” every June to show the Indianapolis children and other kids in the Riley Hospital just how much they really care. Hoosiers from the Circle City and all over Central Indiana will join forces with heavy-hitting sponsors to add a significant pooled donation to contributions that have totaled over $3.2 million since the Miracle Ride’s inception in 1994.
Registration for the 2011 Miracle Ride is on Saturday, June 4, 2011 between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm at the Wyndham Hotel in Indianapolis. The Miracle Ride’s route has been greatly extended for 2011, and it should take about two hours to complete it:
Sunday, June 5, 2011 Miracle Ride Route
- Be at Allison Transmission, 4700 W 10th Street for departure at 11:00 a.m. sharp from the Cossell Road parking lot.
- Parade heads East – Michigan Road.
- Travel North on Holt Road, West on 10th Street.
- Go North on Polco Street, then East on 16th Street to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Take a lap around the track! (helmets are required).
- Exit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on 30th Street, then South on Lafayette Road.
- Go South of White River Parkway West Drive.
- Turn East on 10th Street, then go South on Elmwood.
- Go East on Wishard Blvd, then South on Riley Hospital Drive, where you can wave at all the Riley children and their families, and the doctors and nurses waiting for you outside the hospital.
- Proceed West on Michigan Road, then South on Lansing Street.
- Go East on New York Street, then North on West Street
- Take the I-65 South to I-70 eastbound freeway
- Catch the I-465 South to I-74 eastbound freeway
- Take the London Road Exit
- Go North on London Road, crossing bridge to 421 (North Michigan Road)
- Travel about six miles East on North Michigan Road until you arrive at the Indiana Live! Casino in Shelbyville, Indiana, at around 1:30 pm.
Once you arrive at the Casino, you can enjoy lunch, along with the special entertainment and prizes they’ve got prepared for you.
Also benefiting the Riley Children’s Hospital, Motorcycle Poker Runs will take place on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at various venues in Indy and end at the Wyndham West Hotel, where there is a concurrent Bike Show all day. See brochure for details.
2011 Miracle Ride
Sunday, June 5, 2011
8:00 am – 10:30 am
Your rider’s pledge of at least $50 per adult and $25 for children 8 – 15 entitles you to a chance at the Grand Prize, access to both the Poker Run and the Miracle Ride, a free lunch on Sunday and tent camping. The first 4,000 riders will receive a Miracle Ride tee shirt for free. Riders inthe Poker Run will receive a patch.
Saturday Miracle Ride Bike Show and Registration at the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel
2544 Executive Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Indiana Live Casino
4300 N Michigan Rd
Shelbyville, IN 46176