Homes for sale at 40 North on Meridian Condos will display below automatically when listed in the Indianapolis Multiple Listing Service. FunCityFinder updates all listings on a regular basis to ensure accuracy. To schedule a showing, call Indianapolis Real Estate Broker msWoods at 317-578-3220 or view all Indianapolis downtown condos for sale.
About 40 North on Meridian Condos
For anyone who enjoys downtown life, but for one reason or another is tethered to the north side, the twin, 7-story condo buildings located at the intersection of 40th Street and Meridian offer an intriguing solution. Known as “40 North on Meridian”, this condo community is just minutes from both, downtown Indianapolis, and Broad Ripple.
“Cosmopolitan” might be the best word to describe this 1960s-era complex, which underwent a series of recent renovations, making it one of the premier places to live on the “old north side” of Indy–and with amenities you would expect at a much higher price point. Two swanky lobby areas with plush, full-size couches and elegant decorum serve as exclamation points on a sentence that reads, “We take our style seriously at 40 North on Meridian!!!” The east lobby even sports its own grand piano.
Not Your Typical Condos
These condo units are not your typical homes. As mentioned earlier, a series of renovations resulted in the modernization of the 40 North buildings. The conversion started in 2006 and finished in 2008, with units having undergone a complete renovation. The lobbies were renovated, the floor plans changed, kitchens and bathrooms were upgraded, and basically everything was replaced. The renovations extended to the buildings’ exteriors, including the windows and roof as well.
If you’re looking for sturdy construction then it doesn’t get much sturdier than concrete and steel. Not only are the 40 North buildings exceptionally strong, but their construction makes the individual units exceptionally resistant to vibration, noise and temperature fluctuations.
Access to all entry points of both buildings is secured. A keypad entry system secures all 1st floor entries, including both lobbies in addition to two other entrances.
This emphasis on security can be seen in other aspects as well, such as the well-lit, secure, underground parking garages, all 4 of which come equipped with multiple security cameras. Also equipped with security cameras are the entrances that lead from the garage into the main basement elevator areas.
While each unit comes equipped with a washer/dryer hookup, you will need to buy a special ventless dryer since the original construction lacked the requisite ventilation system. There are no special requirements for the washer. A coin-operated washer and two regular, vented dryers are available for community use in the basement.
For health conscious residents, a community health center located in the east building comes equipped with a variety of exercise equipment, including a multi-purpose weight machine, a treadmill and even some free weights. The exercise room is open 24/7 to all residents.
Located just outside the exercise area is a large pool with ample seating. The pool area, like every other area of 40 North requires a key for access.
A two-pipe heating and cooling system, powered by an industrial grade heater/chiller provides climate control to all units. The cost for the heating and cooling is included in the assessments.
Other amenities include updated kitchens and bathrooms, secure, balconies for most units, underground storage lockers, an outdoor plaza area, and indoor community area, updated hallways and lighting and ample outdoor parking.
While there are several restaurants and shops within walking distance, the selection is somewhat limited to those establishments that fall along 38th street. While you will have to drive to get to a much larger selection, the good news is you won’t have to drive far.
Located within a 2-mile radius of 40 North on Meridian Condos
- Grocery: At least 12 grocery/food stores, including the Fresh Market, Goose the Market, Safeway and Double 8 Foods.
- Restaurants and Coffee Shops: These include the Barking Dog Café, Napolese, Cafe Patachou, Starbucks, Hubbard & Cravens Coffee Co., Unleavend Bread Café, Sobro Café, Espresso Solutions, Cornerstone Coffee House, Good Morning Mama’s and the Monon Coffee Company.
- Schools: James Whitcomb Riley School, St Joan of Arc School, Shortridge Middle School, Louis B Russell Junior School 48, St Thomas Aquinas School, William A Bell School 60, St Richard’s School, 21ST Century Charter School Fall Crk, Mary E Nicholson School 70 and the Indiana School for the Deaf.
- Parks: Tarkington Park, North Meridian Street Historic District, James Whitcomb Riley Monument, North Park, Holcomb Gardens, Butler Athletic Fields, Davey Athletic Complex, Al E. Polin Park, Golden Hill Park, Arsenal Park and Kessler Park.
- Bars: These include Melody Inn, Stella Luna and the Satellites, Red Key Tavern, Fountain Lounge, Moe & Johnny’s and Twenty Tap.
- Other Attractions: The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and Indianapolis Museum of Art.
Other 40 North on Meridian Photos
40 North on Meridian Condominiums
25 East 40th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46205