The Indiana Motorcycle Expo will be held in the 70,000 square-foot Expo Hall at the Indiana State Fairgrounds February 22-24, 2013. The show, which is held during the second weekend of the Ford Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show, will feature a large collection of motorcycles, dealers, clothing, safety products, gear/accessory vendors, as well as several other attractions. Expect to see hundreds of displays by leading manufacturers and retailers. Dealers will be on-site to show the latest model bikes available for purchase at their dealerships. Various clubs, organizations and nonprofits will also be in attendance to speak with anyone who has an interest in joining a rally or participating in motorcycle related events with like-minded individuals. Industry experts will be available to demonstrate the latest gadgets, and answer questions.
- The Hoosier Motorcycle Hall of Fame Sponsored by River Road will feature many one-of-a-kind historic motorcycles, even including several pieces on loan from private collections. Motorcycles have a long and storied history in Indiana, from the 1910 Kokomo Manufacturers Motorcycle through more contemporary designs. The show will also feature memorabilia that has a special significance in the Hoosier state, including various racing trophies, driver’s suites and leather helmets, as well as an extensive collection of photographs. Motorcycle experts will talk about the golden age of motorcycling.
- The Biker’s Showcase will include several classes, including Mild Custom, Wild Custom, American Cruiser, Metric Cruiser, Sport Bike, Touring, ATV, Dirt Bike, ATV Custom and Dirt Bike Custom. Judging takes place on Friday, Feb. 22, and “Best in Category” trophies will be in place when the Motorcycle Expo doors open on Friday at 3 pm.
- Gorgeous models will inject a little spark into this year’s show as they walk the catwalk, modeling the latest motorcycle apparel in a fashion show sponsored by Hardee’s.
- Pint-sized guests will enjoy the Tiny Tots Test Track, which provides a safe and fun test track, including motorcycles and apparel. ABATE of Indiana will offer the “ABATE Children’s Motorcycle Adventure”, which features several fun, hands-on activities for kids.
- Separate from the Children’s Motorcycle Adventure, ABATE of offer motorcycle classes that focus on several aspects of riding and owning a motorcycle, including riding skills, hazard avoidance, choosing the right motorcycle, reacting to various obstacles, licensing, obtaining insurance discounts and more.
- Guests will have an opportunity to meet motorcycle celebrity, Mikey Teutu, formerly of the hit show, American Chopper. Teutu’s started working at his dad’s business, Orange County Ironworks, at age 12. In December 2010, he opened the Wolfgang Gallery in Montgomery, New York, which features his own artwork in addition to the work of other artists.
- Award-winning author, travel writer and speaker, Gary McKenchie, will share his interesting stories of his travels around the nation. Gary has worked with AAA , AOL, Budget Travel, Cunard, Disney, Harley-Davidson and National Geographic. He has appeared in in USA Today on 4 separate occasions, in addition to American Heritage, Chicago Tribune, Southern Living and the Washington Post, among others.
- Patricia Black, Executive Director for the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau will also be available to speak with guests. She and her husband have spent many hours riding on their Harley Fat Boy along the roads of Lake Superior in Marquette and enjoy riding the
- Indiana State Fairgrounds
- 1202 East 38th Street, Indianapolis
- February 22-24, 2013