If you have a child or know someone who has one (obviously everyone), then this is the sale for you! From Saturday, September 12 – Monday, September 14 the Indiana State Fairgrounds Ag/Hort Building will be the place to be for Indiana’s largest upscale childrens consignment event.
You’ll find 47,000 square feet of clothing, toys, equipment, bedding, furniture, boutique, maternity, fabulous vendors and more. They’re expecting over 50,000 items from more than 500 participating families. Not only will you be getting high quality items at a fraction of the retail price, the admission to the event is also free!
Brand name items in excellent condition: Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Stride Rite, Crewcuts, CAP, Children’s Place, Matilda Jane, Tea, Crazy 8, Baby Lulu, Polo Ralph Lauren, Mini Boden, Pea in the Pod, Carter’s, Peg Perego, Pottery Barn Kids, Maclaren, Joovy, Graco, Bugaboo, Fisher Price, Leapfrog, Step 2, Wii, Nintendo, boutique brands and more!
$5 parking charge on Friday and Saturday only
Items to Expect:
- Children’s Clothing- NB to Size 14
- Fall Sale- Fall/Winter Clothing
- Spring Sale- Spring/Summer Clothes
- Shoes and accessories in great condition
- Maternity Clothing
- Toys, Games, Puzzles, Books and DVDs
- Equipment including high chairs, pack and plays, swings, strollers, exersaucers, bouncy chairs, jumpers, pack and plays
- Diaper Bags
- Upscale Handbags
- Indoor and Outdoor Play Equipment, Bikes and Ride-ons
- Nursery/Baby items including monitors, bathtubs and diaper pails
- Furniture including beds, dressers, rocking chairs and changing tables
- Seasonal items including Halloween costumes, Easter outfits
Items NOT Being Sold:
- Cribs due to recent mass recalls
- Car Seats (liability issues)
- Any item with stains, odors, tears, smoke, etc.
- Stuffed Animals (unless electronic or new with tags)
- Potty Chairs and Diaper Pails unless brand new
- Unrelated to children and maternity
- Recalled items (check www.cpsc.gov)
While you shop:
- Personal items, such as strollers or diaper bags will be tagged to identify them as your property upon your entry to the sale.
- Items with a hold ticket may be held for one hour.
- Whale of a Sale does not own the merchandise being sold and asks that items are not “played with” by your children until purchased.
Payment and Policy:
- Cash, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
- Indiana sales tax will be applied to all purchases.
- All sales are final. It is the buyer’s responsibility to check that items are satisfactory prior to purchase. It is the intent of Whale of a Sale (not a guarantee) to offer only non-recalled items, items in working condition and that pass CPSC safety guidelines. We are not liable in any way for items purchased at the sale.
Allow time to shop: There will be thousands of items; racks upon racks of clothing, tables of toys and books, and rows of strollers and baby gear! Once you get inside, you’ll want time to look around.
Bring a friend and a laundry basket: It’s fun to shop with a friend and a basket will make it easier to carry your items. We will also have some XL IKEA bags to shop with while supplies last.
Bring a wish list: Bring a list of items your child needs along with their sizes so you don’t miss shopping for the essentials. Remember to shop a size or two up in case of growth spurts during the season!
Use our Hold Process: If you see a large item, such as a stroller, exersaucer or pack and play that you wish to purchase, please remove the bottom portion of the tag and leave the item. Take the tag to checkout, pay for the item and then return to claim. This process will also apply to diaper bags and purses.
Be prepared to wait: The sale is largely run with volunteer help and we work hard to keep lines moving. Still, there will be a wait for check out.
Come back for 1/2 Price on Saturday: Most consignors allow their items to be sold for half price on the final day. You can’t miss this opportunity for deeply discounted bargains. Look for “REDUCE” on the tag to indicate half price.
Shop, save, have fun and feel good about “going green”!
Whale of a Sale: Children’s Consignment Event
Where: Indiana State Fairgrounds Ag/Hort Building, 1202 East 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46205
When: September 12-14, 2013
Hours: 9am – 7pm – Open to Public – Free Parking
9am – 4pm – Open to Public
9am – 2pm – Open to Public: Half Price Day