The Joseph Maley Foundation’s (JMF) mission is simple: “Serve children of all abilities.” Funds raised from the foundation’s 6th Annual 5K Run, Walk and Roll on July 12, 2014 will go towards helping JMF fulfill it’s mission through a variety of efforts.
The Run, Walk and Roll is open to people of all fitness levels and physical abilities. Moving to a new venue this year, the event will take place at Michael Carroll Stadium on the campus of IUPUI and the course will wind through the city streets of Indianapolis.
The 5K (3.1 miles) will be a competitive, chip-timed event for runners and athletes using wheelchairs. There is also a non-competitive, family-friendly 1.5 mile walking course. Registrants can expect family-friendly activities, music and treats at Michael Carroll Stadium. Registered participants can also expect to feel the satisfaction of contributing to a foundation that provides the following service to the Central Indiana community:
- Kids on the Block puppet troupe that teaches disability awareness to school and community groups
- Disability awareness curriculum for Pre-K through 8th grade
- We Step Up student leadership conference to prevent, recognize and solve issues of bullying
- JMFitness adapted sports programs
- Love Remains infant loss resource and assistance program
Register for the JMF 5K Run, Walk and Roll online by July 11, 2014. Registration fees are $10 for children 12 and under, $25 for students ages 13-21, and $30 for adults.