#Indianapolis #Indiana – Color Me Rad is happening in Indianapolis this Saturday, September 6th, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Registration ($50) is still available for waves at 9:00 and 9:20am, so it’s not too late to sign up for this fun race.
A color run is a little different than your typical 5K. For starters, people are throwing color bombs at you throughout the course. It’s a lot of fun, non-competitive, and a real party atmosphere. It can also be a giant mess, but on a totally different level than a mud run.
Here are a few tips for a successful color run:
- Choose a white shirt. The bright colors will show up best on a white shirt.
- Wear sunglasses. These are provided in the race packet for a very good reason — color bombs to the eye are not very fun at all.
- Walk through the color stations. It’s not a timed race, so slow down through the color stations and enjoy the experience.
- Keep your mouth closed. The color bombs are just dyed corn starch, so it isn’t a big deal when you get hit in the face. It just doesn’t taste very good.
- Run/Walk with friends. Most races are a lot more fun with friends, but this is especially true for a color run. Grab a group for an awesome morning.
- Plan to stay for the after party. All 5Ks include a festival, but Color Me Rad features a full out dance party. It’s a lot of fun, and I have always wished I’d allotted myself more time.
- Bring a towel or change of clothes. You’ll want to protect your car on the way home with a towel, or just change clothes before you leave.
- Expect to find color in lots of places. I think it took a few days to stop cleaning blue out of my ears.